The main part of camping is a proper tent. And when we can turn a vehicle into a tent and effortless to set up, then it is out of the question.
Cascadia vehicle tent has become a trend these days. Cvt tent is easy to set up than the normal ground tents. Sometimes it may vary the installation system with the car design, but the basic setup is similar and easy to do in just a few minutes.
Here you will get the proper instruction about cvt tent setup. Because camper who did not use the cvt tent before, find it difficult and this instruction surely will help you.
In Hurry? Check CVT Tent Recommendation
CVT Tent Recommendation
|Smittybilt Overlander Tent|
|Raptor Series Rooftop Tent with Ladder|
|Overland Vehicle Rooftop Tent|
|Smittybilt 2888 Tent Annex|
|Campoint Rooftop Tent with Skyline Rainfly and Ladder|
Easy Way of Cvt Tent Setup
Step 1: Leveled Campsite
As we know, cvt is a car-based tent. So the campsite must be leveled or flat. If the ground is not balanced, you can use rocks or other objects to drop the car so that vehicle cannot move.
Step 2: Unzip The Cover
If you have installed the cvt on the vehicle earlier on, the cvt tent setup would be much easier during the camping. In case you don’t know how to install it, look through below about the installation.
Speaking of which, first of all, undo the strips, then unzip the cover on every side. Flip off the cover of the tent and remove the cover by sliding it. You can roll the cover and put it inside the car or under the car.
Step 3: Use an Annex
The annex is a sheet or cover that is used for making extra place or cover the ladder. If you wish to have extra space or make the room wide, you can use an annex sheet.
Using the same channel from where we removed the cover, attach the annex sliding to the channel.
Step 4: Undo The Tent
After attaching the annex, undo the strap from the upper part of the cvt tent. Also, release the strap of the ladder, then pull the ladder down. You can use an overhang extension that is u-shaped to the ladder. But if you want to use the annex, do not pull the ladder completely. So, you can attach the annex to the body.
Before installing the rooftop tent on the vehicle, you can decide which way you want the doorway. Just place the ladder part that way.
Step 5: Set The Tent
While pulling out the ladder, the tent’s body will automatically open. Check if it is properly opened. The ideal angle of the ladder with the tent body is 30-40 degrees. Make sure to place it accordingly because a ladder fully supports a tent.
Step 6: Lock The Annex With Tent’s Base
You will find a zipper in the base of the tent. While attaching the annex to the base, you must have noticed another zipper on the other side of the annex. Connect the zipper of the base with it. Make sure that the ladder is inside the annex.
To take a little pressure off the annex, connect the toggle with the lower part to the upper part. You can zip them easily from inside the tent.
Step 7: Stake Out
Cvt tent setup is all done after staking out. After setting up the rooftop tent, stake down every corner of the annex skirt. You can use a mallet or rock. Some people stake using their feet. Staking has the maximum holding power, and it can help to stay safe in any storm or wind.
Now your staking out is done, and you are completely ready with your cvt tent.
Cvt Installation Before Going On A Camping
For your camping tent, if you choose cvt, then you have to install a rooftop tent on your car before going to the destination. There are so many models you will find in the market that are easy to set. Let’s get through some instruction about how you can install the cvt on your car before moving.
- After opening the tent from the box, check if there is any damage. You will see four straps around the tent; you need to remove them.
- When you open your tents after removing straps, there will be a rail cover. The rail cover includes rails, spring rods, bolts, sliders, and some accessories machinery to put together the tents. Also, a travel cover, annex room, and a ladder.
- Now it’s time to decide in which way you want to set the ladder or the doorway.
- Put together all the machinery in orders of the tent. First of all, install the rails on the tent floor. For this, you need to remove the black piece from the floor and push the bolts in it. Place the nuts into the rails to put them through the bolts and tighten up. Install all the rails like this.
- There is a bracket outside the rails extrusion; insert four bolts to hook up the ladders with the rails.
- In the final step, place the tent up on the roof of the vehicle. Put the bolts and nuts and slide the bracket into the rails. Hook up in all the corners and tighten them up.
Your installations are all done.
Things to Notice
- Never drive your vehicle setting up the tent.
- Before going on camping, check if all the bolts and nuts are well tightened.
- Check if the ladder’s height is adjusted with the roof of the vehicle.
- Wash the tent with normal water, no soap or detergent.
- Don’t store your tent wet; dry it then you can store.
The rooftop tent is much more fascinating than the ground tent. Just thinking about turning the vehicle into a tent can make anyone’s heart ponder. Cvt tent setup is easier, keeps you off the ground, and more comfortable to stay. But if you don’t know the setup, it will feel like a nuisance. Supposing you followed the instruction we mentioned above, you don’t have to face any problems. Chill and enjoy your camping.
- Tepui VS CVT | What To Pick!
- Tent VS Canopy: Learn Which One is Suitable for You before Buying
- Tent VS Hammock: Which is Perfect for Your Adventure?
- Tent VS Hammock For Backpacking- Which One is Better!
- Hammock VS Bivy; Choose Your Best Product for Outdoor Relaxing
- SUV VS Truck for Camping: Which Should You Prefer?