Setting up tent camping during rain may be depressing to many, but it isn’t difficult or risky if one has the equipment and knows how to tent camp in the rain. In reality, setting up a tent camp in the rain gives a fantastic feeling. Apart from this, one can enjoy the rain tone and the drops of rain while tenting.
If anybody wishes to go camping during the rainy season but cannot fulfill your want due to not knowing the camping method during rain, this article is for you. Here I am describing it.
Tent Camp in the Rain
Camping during rain is many peoples admiring wish. They love camping in the shower. But due to not having enough tent camping proficiency in the rain, many people don’t go camping despite having a wish.
If you are among these people and peering for tips on how to tent camp in the rain, you can check out this article.
Here I’m describing 8 easy methods of tent camping.
Method-1: Waterproof Tent
- If you are going on camping on a rainy day, then bring a waterproof tent must. Keep a rain fly with a tent, which can overhang it, so the rainwaters fall of the angles. Moreover, the gate of the tent should shape like a bathtub. And the floor isn’t fully balanced.
- Now, seal a waterproof coating with former tents sews, and dry it over any easy threads. After that, select a watertight haze wherever camping equipment is bought and spatter the full tent properly. There are various shop sold tents which aren’t sealed fully, these kinds of tents can be dealt with this procedure.
- You can check the tent by sprinkling through a sock or can fasten the components of the tent under water at the time of peeping for leaks.
- Settle the tent on a high surface. Before setting up the tent, take a look at the campsite properly. Select an elevated area. Try to avoid camping under heavy tree limbs that may fall in the rain.
- Place a tarp over the tent. Expand the tarp over the tent easily by linking the rope between trees. Be sure that the tarp is turned, so the raindrops drive off the sides, far from the tent.
Waterproof Tent Recommendation
Method-2: Soil Tarp
- Spot up a soil tarp inner of your tent. Then lay the ground coating inside the tent on the center. Avert placing it outside the tent as water can fetch on top of it. Again, make sure that ending lines aren’t meshing out and allowing rain falls into your arid area.
- Try to prevent digging pits around your tent. The newest models of tents don’t leak & digging holes on the campsite. If your camp is sand or gravel, only then you should try it. Then you can search for a minor pit like a refuge all around the tent to protect it.
- Dig a simple pit; if you have to dig in the mud and then extend it so that the rainwater drives away from your tent.
- To avoid water build-up, circulate your tent. Unwrap your entrance or any other circulation features on your tent, which don’t have any risk of letting rainwaters inside.
- Stay away from wet ground.
Method-3: Buy a Single Wall Tent
- Setting up a tent in the rain became much more comfortable and faster with the single wall tent
Method-4: Carry a Waterproof Bivvy
- If the situation becomes much terrible while setting up a tent during rain, in that time, a waterproof bivvy can be a great asset. It gives compact weather protection to the campers.
- While arranging the tent in the rain doesn’t go according to plan, removing water is urgent. By getting a big smoother, you can easily soap the rainwater outside.
Waterproof Bivvy Recommendation
Method-5: Always Keep a Shovel
- Carry a small shovel because you can use the shovel in any water holes or draw away any recently erected streams near your campsite.
- You can also use fast arid micro towels to clean out the water.
Small Shovel Recommendation
Method-6: Set up a Tent in the Day
- Aim to set tent camp in the day. Because during the rainy time, setting up a tent in sunlight helps much.Whereas setting up a tent at night is much risky. Because on a rainy night you won’t have moonlight.
Method-7: Make a Proper Plan
- Try to make an adequate plan before going. It helps a lot. To be fully equipped, it is an essential thing to camp a tent in the rain.
Method-8: Make Sure to Carry the Waterproof Backpack
- During camping on a rainy day, make sure to protect your equipment with a waterproof backpack. When a question about water resistance, don’t trust the hiking pack at all. To be convinced fully that your essential equipment remains arid while camping in the rain, you need to fold everything into the bag.
- Never forget to bring the material to work out. During a rainy day, hiking, fishing, biking became much harder. In that time, instead of having a dull time, you can play various kinds of board games, cards can read multiple types of books, and many more things.
Waterproof Backpack Recommendation
Many people have many wishes. People go out camping for refreshment—many people like camping during the rainy season.
It gives them mental refreshment. But due to not knowing how to tent camp in the rain, they don’t fulfill their desired wish. At the same time, the method isn’t that difficult at all.
If you are among these people and don’t know the technique, this article is solely for you. Here, I have described it, and I hope it will be helpful for you.
- How to Set Up a Camping Hammock: Ultimate Tips and Tricks.
- How to Set up A Tent: 7 Simple Steps
- How To Put Up A 6 Man Tent In the Easiest Way
- 3 Methods Of Installing A Roof Top Tent By Yourself
- How to Build an Outdoor Canopy Frame: An Easy Process
- How to Build a Shed Using PVC Pipe: Best Simple Way
- How Do You Start Your Suv Camping Setup With 2 Simple Methods
- How To Plan A Backpacking Trip
- A Complete Guide For How To Waterproof A Canvas Tent
- How To Fold A Pop Up Beach Tent-By 3 Simple Shapes
- How To Waterproof A Tent: An Useful Step
- Effective Natural Ways to Keep Bugs Away When Camping
Camping Gear Comparisons: