Do you participate in travel and camping trips? Then the tent is a vital travel material for you. Because when you go somewhere for a camping trip, sometimes a tent is used to stay in that place. Tents are not a problem in a sunny place, but the water often enters the tent in rainy places, which is a big problem for travelers.
It is essential to keep the tent waterproof. Because it is not possible to buy a new tent every time you go out to travel. If it takes care of the old tent, you can use it comfortably on all types of trips. So today, we will discuss how to waterproof a tent.
Why Not?? Check Waterproof Tent Recommendation
Waterproof Tent Recommendation
How To Waterproof A Tent And Effective Method
Most of the available tents to buy now are waterproof, but that does not mean that they will serve you for a long time. At some point, these become obsolete, and the waterproof ability decreases. So different steps have to be taken to keep the tent waterproof. Below we will discuss in detail how to waterproof a tent.
Step 1: Seal All Sides Of The Tent
Before sealing all sides of the tent, you have to see if the tent’s fabric is strong. Many tents have polyurethane coating on their fabric, which prevents water from entering the tent. Seams are usually found in the tent. So you have to seal all sides of the tent with a seam. Here is how to seal with seam.
- The tent should be placed in a place where the sun falls on the tent and stays dry.
- Then place the seams. Place in such a way that the seams are visible in the sun.
- Clean the seam with alcohol and use it again.
Step 2: Place DWR On A Tent
Another method of keeping the tent waterproof is the DWR system. You can clean and use it again. This method is very simple and time-consuming. This system protects your tent from storms. Here how to put DWR in a tent-
- First of all, dirt from the tent. Clean up.
- Then cover the entire tent with water.
- Now use a waterproofing spar.
- Leave it for a while.
- Then wipe with a torn and wet cloth.
- The tent should be well dried before packing.
Step 3: Changing The Urethane Coating
Changing the urethane coating is another fancy method to keep the tent waterproof. If you see that your tent’s surface has become thinner or the ashes are rising, you need to understand that it is time to change the urethane coating. They are very easy to replace, and they are also very affordable.
However, there are many types of urethane coating on the market, and you need to find out which one is best for your tent. It contains a chemical called sealant, which many people think is harmful to health. But it is not right at all. Care should be taken while using a sealant, and gloves should be used while using. Here’s how to use it in a tent:
- You place a layer on the floor of the tent that keeps your floor level.
- Now clean the floor with alcohol. Hand gloves should be used before doing the work.
- Apply sealant to the flooring floor according to the instructions.
- Then leave the tent to dry for 24 hours.
Step 4: The Fabric Of The Tent Must Be Strong
The work you do to waterproof the tent must be done on a sunny day. It would be best if you used sealant in the tent to keep your tent waterproof fabric. Wear gloves and a mask before working. Then perform the following tasks-
- Use a wet cloth to clean the dirty tent.
- Then wet the floor of the tent with a sponge.
- Use thinner sealant. Of course, the chemical must be used in all the devices located there.
- Let dry for 30 minutes.
Waterproof Tents Specious Point
Here are some specific points that will help you in how to waterproof a tent-
Should Keep Waterproof For A Certain Period
When you buy a new tent, it stays suitable for a few years, but its efficiency decreases with time. Especially the waterproof system. So the tent’s waterproof system should be fixed as soon as possible because you may not be able to buy a tent every time for each trip. Currently, the tent’s waterproof system can be fixed on a low budget and quickly. And the funny thing is that you can carry with the products.
Observation Of How Waterproof Your Tent Is
When buying a tent, its waterproofing rate should be checked so that if the waterproofing rate is reduced later, it can be repaired in a short time by using different products.
Tent Waterproofing Spray Recommendation
You Save: $1.26 (7%)
The sophisticated spray is currently being produced for waterproofing the tent. With all these sprays, you can perform the waterproofing work of your tent very smoothly and in a short time. Earlier, these were expensive, but now the amount of production has increased so much that it has now reached people’s doorsteps at affordable prices.
In the present era, many brands of tents are available, which are already waterproof. However, the waterproof system is not so strong. It becomes weak at some point, and it is not possible to buy a tent for repeated trips. So you have to take various steps to keep the old tent waterproofing so that you can use your tent with ease on any trip. In this article, you will learn how to waterproof a tent, and what are the steps? Keeping it waterproof has become much more affordable and more comfortable nowadays.
More Camping Hacks:
- How To Plan A Backpacking Trip
- 7 Best Ways To Camping Without A Tent
- How to Tent Camp in the Rain: 8 Easy Methods
- 13 Simple Tips and Tricks How To Stay Warm In A Tent
- A Complete Guide For How To Waterproof A Canvas Tent
- How To Fold A Pop Up Beach Tent-By 3 Simple Shapes
- Effective Natural Ways to Keep Bugs Away When Camping